Who
I suppose I'll start from the top! I'm a married, 21 year old, happy white female. (You'll notice I didn't say healthy and that's because I'm not.) I'm married to the most wonderful man, Ryan. He isn't quite convinced to do the Paleo diet with me but he's my support team and I couldn't do it without him. Thanks, Ryan. :)
Why
For the last year I have been plagued with random symptom after random symptom and have been diagnosed several times with different things with no proof. I have had bumps (hurties, as I refer to them) under my arms for this last year and this is what has concerned me the most. Besides that, I feel tired almost all the time, I'm cranky (more than any female should be), have paralyzing back pain, and in general don't feel like a 21 year old should feel!
So, for my biggest worry, my hurties were diagnosed as M.R.S.A., which is a little scary but OK, let's fix it! Fixing this meant going on antibiotics for 2 months.
Yuck!
When I was finished with the antibiotic regimen, they came back. I felt so discouraged and they just wanted to put me on the antibiotics again! I will note that the doctors have not run any tests or even touched my armpits. I walked out of the Dr.'s office empty handed and at a loss.
What
So, I called my mom. It's what I always do when I need help! She suggested we go to Dr. Shawna Young, a naturopathic doctor in Durango, CO who has helped me before. I agreed this was best and jetted off to NM to drive up with mom. Shawna's diagnosis: Heavy metal toxins (from the aluminum in deodorant, causing my hurties), excess natural alcohol build up (causing my overall feeling of bleh), and kidneys on the brink of failing (the cause of my back pain)! I have been put on several supplements and it was suggested that I begin living the Paleo lifestyle.
Challenge accepted!!
When and Where
Here and now of course! ASAP! Yesterday in fact! And for 30 days. After that, I'll see if the results convince me to do it forever!
How
I have a game plan of course. I'm going to create menus for each week to help me along the way and I hope this blog will help keep me honest! I'll be sure to post my menus, shopping lists, recipes, and how each week went as it goes along.
That's the story! Wish me luck!
Sincerely,
Lauren Yung
Good Luck Honey!!! Post every day!
ReplyDeleteYay! Hope it helps! Week 1 down for me (with one cheat...oops) and I am feeling great!
ReplyDelete