Monday, August 5, 2013

A few recipes and thoughts...

Hi all!

I felt that I needed to share a few recipes that I am in love with!First off, my mom posted a blueberry muffin recipe that is amazing! I did it in mini muffin tins because that's all I have and it made 22.  (Only cook them for 15 minutes.)

Paleo Blueberry MuffinsThese Paleo Blueberry Muffins are so moist they melt in your mouth.

Ingredients:
1 cup almond flour
⅛ tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
2 tbs honey
½ cup coconut milk, full fat
2 tbs coconut oil, melted
1 egg
¼ cup fresh blueberries

Instructions:preheat the oven at 350°Fin a mixing bowl mix the dry ingredients – almond flour, baking soda, saltin a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients – coconut milk, egg, honey and coconut oilcombine the two mixtures and mix to form a batterfold in the blueberries (I put the batter in the cups and then pushed 2 blueberries into each filled muffin tinpour batter into paper lined muffin pan cupsbake for 20-25 minutes or until tops turn golden brown. Wait until they are completely cool before removing them from the baking panRecipe makes 7 muffins

So awesome!The next one was homemade sour cream.  I am doing primal, not paleo, so I'm able to eat dairy! I found grass fed cottage cheese and knew I could make my own sour cream.

Put 8 oz cottage cheese in a blender, blend slowly at first and add 1 t. lemon juice and then crank the blender up until it's smooth.  Yum!

I whisked a little bit of honey in mine and then used it as a fruit dip for a snack.  (I know, not so low on the sugar content... but soooo worth it.)

The mushroom sauce from the "Everyday Paleo" book is awesome (even Ryan like it!) and the mayonnaise recipe is spot on.  I did use a different ratio of oil:egg for my mayo but it's based on personal preference for sure.  I did 1 yolk:1/2 cup oil.

I made a chicken soup in the crock pot on Sunday and used turnips instead of potatoes and no one could tell! Ryan and his sister, Sayna, thought they were potatoes.  Score!

It's bunless chili dogs with sour cream and cheese for lunch tomorrow.  Yummmm!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I love that you posted these! I am on day one of my 30 days strict Paleo eating...I was wondering how turnips would do in soup as a potato replacement...can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete