Friday, August 2, 2013

Almost 1/2 Way!!

I was looking at the calendar today and I can't believe I'm almost 1/2 way to my 30 goal!! Here are a few things I have noticed... good things that have changed.
  • Lost 7 pounds (and a lot of millimeters around my mid-section!!).  I know I didn't really need  to lose weight but I feel a lot better now that I have! When I started I was hovering around 130-132 pounds (TMI?) and now I'm 123 as of yesterday morning!! 
  • Increased energy levels.  Not by a phenomenal amount but I have started exercising again! Something I couldn't even think about 2 weeks ago.
  • Darker hair color.  I know, this one is a little weird, but my hair is quite a few shades darker now! I haven't changed hair products so I feel like maybe it's just not gunked up with yucky foods that I was eating before.  Sweet.
  • No bumps under my arms yet... knock on wood...
  • I don't feel sick when I eat/drink.  No nausea.  Ever.  Except when I skip meals. :/
  • The best part yet, NO BACK PAIN! I had a little bit of pain the other day but it was because I was sore from running.  Moving around, running errands etc., loosened it up and no pain! Wah lah! Yahoooooooo!
After writing these down it's easier to think of reasons to stay strong.  Just going to jot down a few reasons I don't want to stay strong.
  • Donuts
  • Chips and salsa
  • Doughnuts
  • Chips and guacamole
  • Donut holes
  • Chips with salsa and guacamole
Yeah that's about it. 

That's all for now! Have a lovely rest of the week!



1 comment:

  1. Paleo Blueberry Muffins


    These Paleo Blueberry Muffins are so moist they melt in your mouth. Lawrence even liked them!




    Ingredients:
    1 cup almond flour
    ⅛ tsp baking soda
    pinch of salt
    2 tbs honey
    ½ cup coconut milk, full fat
    2 tbs coconut oil, melted
    1 egg
    ¼ cup fresh blueberries

    Instructions:
    preheat the oven at 350°F
    in a mixing bowl mix the dry ingredients – almond flour, baking soda, salt
    in a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients – coconut milk, egg, honey and coconut oil
    combine the two mixtures and mix to form a batter
    fold in the blueberries
    pour batter into paper lined muffin pan cups, I'm having good luck with the foil type cups.
    bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops turn golden brown. Wait until they are completely cool before removing them from the baking pan
    Recipe makes 7 muffins

    ReplyDelete